i haven’t been doing a very good job of keeping this blog going. alas, some other things have taken over my life/mind. rest assured, henri is still growing and changing and being remarkable every single day. while he isn’t yet crawling, here are some things he enjoys:
- gritting his teeth together. yes, he only has 3 teeth. but that doesn’t seem to stop him from constantly gritting them. i wonder if he’s just like, hey–what are these things in my mouth? or, if he actually does it to relieve pain or something. either way, it is superbly annoying/slightly painful to listen to.
- climbing. not being able to crawl doesn’t stop him from grabbing on to whatever’s closest to him (fabrics work best) and pulling himself across your body, the floor, the bed, etc.
- falling off the bed. how many times does this have to happen before he realizes it hurts? oh wait, am i supposed to keep this from happening??? oops. i guess fear is a learned thing, b/c henri certainly doesn’t have any. combine that with his constant need to be going, doing, moving, etc. and you have what we call a “thrillseeker.”
- singing. henri has this little walker that has a musical feature and we just noticed the other night that when you put him in the walker, he’ll hit the button to make the music play and immediately start crooning right along. when the music stops, he stops. also, the other day, he sang along to bob marley. i always knew i’d have a reggae kid.
- walking. well, in his walker, that is. actually, he more scoots around in circles using only one foot. unless he gets stuck, then he can use both legs to back up.
- drumming on anything. we got him an actual drum, but he really didn’t need it. tabletops work just fine. i firmly believe his penchant for drumming is due to mcknight’s constant drumming on my pregnant belly during henri’s last month in utero.
- giving love bites. i’m not sure if he’s kissing us, biting us, or just experiencing us through his salivary glands like he experiences everything else that is a part of his world, but henri loves to grab on to you and plant a big wet one right on your shoulder. regardless of intention, it makes me feel loved.
well, i could go on, but that should update you for now. basically, henri enjoys pretty much anything that doesn’t involve sleep. that, he avoids like a plague. in fact, he has decided sleep actually isn’t a necessity after all.