yesterday, i took a much needed day off (read: i couldn’t get out of bed and would like to blame it on the thyroid but maybe i’m just a loser?), so i got like 8 straight hours of the h-man and was totally reminded of how lucky i am to be his mom. why? because:
- my 6 month old likes to shop. i’m serious. he LOVES it. especially when you let him sit in the big-boy seat in the cart and he can see everything.
- when shopping, my 6 month old [apparently] does not need to eat or sleep. he’s kinda like me in that way…
- he’s already displaying symptoms of only-child-ism. for instance: sitting in my hour-long therapy appt. and amusing himself by trying to pull the carpet threads up.
- he sleeps best when he’s sleeping next to me (and vice versa)
- he doesn’t whine when i listen to the same radiohead song for an entire 45 minute drive home
- he always smiles at strangers, even when they’re fugly. (this he does *not* get from me)
- he doesn’t mind goin’ out in the rain (as long as he’s got his comfy clothes on)
did i love it enough to be a SAHM? probably not. but i sure did have a relaxing day. loves.