i wonder if there is some inherent truth to that old saying about not going to bed angry with your partner. i mean, where henri is concerned. because he didn’t sleep that well last night. (is this the travesty of him sleeping in our room that i’ve been [nervously] waiting for?)
i’ve come up with some other possible reasons for his lack of sleep, so as not to make myself feel bad:
- it’s freezing in our room at night. in fact, i think our room is the coldest of all of the rooms. i don’t know why this is but my 2 possible explanations are: someone who lived in the house before us shut the vent in our room off, or the gods do not want me to be warm at night, ever, even though i constantly pay good money to be that way!!!
- during the first 3 hours of his [then peaceful] nighttime rest, i was moving furniture and boxes and i wasn’t really being quiet about it. (ooops, this one incriminates me, too…)
- he IS getting 2 teeth (maybe more?) after all
- there’s only so much nighttime sleep a baby can take before he starts losing credo on the baby-internet community forums he’s a part of
- dare i say, he’s ready for his own room and will most likely not wake up as much once he is in there???
- the poor thing (note the omission of “little” in that oft used phrase) is just about to fall out of his cradle–and by “out of,” i mean over the side. when will that damn crib be here anyway???
- his pajamas were too small–and, they really are, if only because he continues to grow at the speed of light
- he didn’t have socks on. he does usually take these off at some point in the night, but–still–he starts out with them on, so this definitely constitutes as a change in routine and is not a lame, last reason because i didn’t want to end the list with how i need to buy him pajamas that fit